Our April 29, 2021, What Matters webinar on “Drought: Are We Ready?” is now available for viewing! This seventh installment of our What Matters webinar series featured an expert panel discussing the drought California is now facing, just five years after California’s hottest and longest dry stretch on record ended in 2016. Discover how Southern California has increased its drought resiliency since and what may be different this time around in this video.
More than 300 people registered for the event to hear from our expert panel:
- Newsha Ajami, Director of Urban Water Policy, Stanford University Water in the West program
- Paul Cook, General Manager, Irvine Ranch Water District
- Heather Dyer, General Manager, San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
- Erik Ekdahl, Deputy Director, State Water Resources Control Board
- Karla Nemeth, Director, California Dept. of Water Resources
- County of San Bernardino
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency
- Irvine Ranch Water District
- Los Angeles County Public Works
- Los Angeles Department of Water and Power
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Riverside County Flood Control and Water Conservation District
- West Basin Municipal Water District
The What Matters webinars are an example of how SCWC pursues its responsibility to be the knowledgeable voice for Southern California on water issues. Once coronavirus health precautions are lifted, the SCWC looks forward to in-person events as well as online events to further discussions to solve the state’s water problems.